(Authors note: the beginning of this writing is the authors last few lines, I wrote it just to make it easier and clearer for reading. This is my first dialog piece so it might be a little rough. I also didn’t know how to punctuate it but it looks like it’s right)
Peter shrugged awkwardly and grinned at Cole. “A circle is all I could teach him to carve.”
Cole smiled and nodded. “I’m a slow learner. But I’m working on it.”
Hours followed as peter showed Cole countless tips about carving. Cole grinned then blurted, “Peter who showed you how to carve?”
Peter chuckled. “Well Cole it’s all in your heart, my family has a long history of carving but if you insist it was my dad”.
Cole stared awkwardly then stood up and silently walked into the cabin. Minutes later Peter walked in, “hey Cole” peter shouted.
As Cole looked up peter said “you should know that you’re a free man, you don’t have to worry about going to prison anymore I forgive you”
Cole grinned and said “thanks, if it wasn’t for you my animosity would be growing with no relief, who knows I could have killed before I realized”
Peter interrupted “Cole it’s enough go to bed we will talk in the morning.
Morning came slowly as Cole left for is daily soak, while Cole was relaxing in the fridge water he heard a twig snap. Cole shouted “who’s there”.
Peter said” you almost forgot me”
Oh you were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you” Cole exclaimed
Peter chuckled and then dove into the bone chilling water. “I came to give you the good news tomorrow we leave, to start our new life’s said peter
No comments:
Post a Comment